Tuesday 29 March 2011

what have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

This is the logo for the blogging website i have used to track my progress with my magazine, the website is http://www.blogger.com. The address of my personal blog is http://louismediaportfolio.blogspot.com. The website provides a blog publishing service that is used by millions across the world. It was created by Prya labs and was bought by google in 2003, this is why you can log into your blog with your Google account, which is how i log in.


This is the photo and graphic editing software i have used to created the desired effect and image manipulation of the pictures i have used in my magazine. Before i had started the course i had very little knowledge of software like this however i have quickly learned how to use it and believe that Photoshop is very good at editing. I have used it in photos too lasso the image i want and crop it from the background of that picture, i have also used Photoshop to sharpen certain images that didn’t look as professional and of high quality as they could. On Photoshop i have also removed the background of images and then added text and changed the background.


This is the logo of Microsoft publisher; this is a desktop publishing application that is part of the Microsoft office package. I have used this application to create my magazine in its entirety, this is because Microsoft publisher is publishing software that makes it very easy to create single page and double paged articles. I have also used the application because it makes it very easy to design a page because of the layout of the program. On Publisher i have also used the text box and shape tools to make my magazine a greater product.

This is the icon of the Microsoft movie maker; I have used this to create a more visual evaluation question about my audience.  Before i had started the AS media studies course i had never, ever used this program. I have found it relatively easy to use and would use this technology again, i added titles and credits at the start, with pictures in my movie and also slides with text explaining the evaluation question

This is the icon for another Microsoft office application called Microsoft PowerPoint. This is the software i have used to create a slideshow and plan for my magazine, i have also used it in creating a slideshow for my evaluation.

This is the icon for a website called slidehsare (http://www.slideshare.net). This is a website that you can upload presentations too and share them on blogs and all over the internet. To use this technology you first create a slides how presentation on Microsoft PowerPoint and then save it as a presentation document, and then just click upload presentation publicly on slidesshare, as easy as that.


This is the icon and also a screenshot of the application that i have used quite a lot and have become very used to it over the time. Paint is just a bog standard image application that I have used to design quite a bit of my music magazine HYPE!



So all in all i have learned a lot about technologies from producing my magazine, and all the tasks associated with it. Looking back i now feel a lot more confident in the technologies i have used and feel that i have grown in abilities from my preliminary task of a school magazine. In my opinion i also believe that my advancement in the use of technology has also made my magazine on the whole better, and made the magazine have a touch of professionalism that being confident and excellent using these technologies could provide. I feel I have learned a lot through using each one of these programs and believe it is quite evident in my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment